Why study at Saskatchewan Polytechnic..?
One of the most developing economies in Canada, Saskatchewan has an affordable cost of living with a scenic view making it a place full of opportunities for education, career, and entrepreneurship. Welcoming the international student communities with open arms it’s a robust economy and safe communities make it an ideal place for companies to grow and develop.
Saskatchewan polytechnic provides technical and skill-oriented education. It offers more than 70 courses for its students pursuing degree, diploma, and post-graduate and other certificate courses. With more than 6500 international students, Saskatchewan Polytechnic has a strong international community spread across four campuses around the province.
The school is known for its hands-on training has one of the best placement opportunities with its 90% graduate employment rate. Companies like Ford, General Motors, and John Deere are some of its top recruiters.
The school has an extensive body of advisory councils consisting of employers and graduates who constantly review the curriculum based on relevancy and employers’ needs.
- School of Business
- School of Construction
- School of Continuing Education
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Hospitality and Tourism
- School of Human Services and Community Safety
- School of Information and Communications Technology
- School of Mining, Energy and Manufacturing
- School of Natural Resources and Built Environment
- School of Nursing
- School of Transportation
The institution offers CAD $2 million annually for scholarships and financial aid for deserving students. International students can apply for merit-based scholarships. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievements and performance.
A Strong support system goes a long in a student’s life. The institute offers a wide range of services for students.
- International student advisors, liaison officers, student assistants are available in all four campuses throughout the year
- In-house nurses for health services
- Counselling services
- Student life co-ordinators
- Academic and language support system (for English language entrance examinations)
The international student advisors and student life co-ordinators help the students’ transition into Canada, helping them represent their views in the institution.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic has one of the highest employability rates. Employers hold high regards for the institutes’ graduates.
- 94 percent of Saskatchewan Polytechnic students are employed within a year after graduation
- Career fairs, networking events are hosted on-campus
- Companies across western Canada are regular recruiters of the institution
PR Pathway through Saskatchewan provincial nominee program
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) is an immigration program that helps bring in prospective immigrants who have the necessary work experience and the skill set to fill in the in-demand jobs around the province. After receiving a provincial nominee certificate the candidate can apply for permanent residency. It has a much faster processing rate than other immigration nominee programs.
Saskatchewan offers all the skilled foreign workers and international graduates a safe, stable, healthy and long-term employment.