Each province and territory in Canada is responsible for designating schools at the post-secondary level that may enroll international students. The Designated learning institutions list includes universities, colleges, CEGEPs, vocational schools and private career colleges and language schools.

To apply for a study permit, you need an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution. A designated learning institution is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students.

If you apply for a study permit and your letter of acceptance is from an institution that is not designated for international students, your application will be refused.

All primary and secondary schools in Canada are designated learning institutions. They aren’t included in this list.

If you plan to attend a post-secondary school, make sure it is on this list.

Designated learning institutions list, Canada

Post navigation